HELLO to those of you in the northern climate! Winter Blues have taken hold – you know what I mean – CABIN FEVER!
Not getting outside enough to move around – being tied down whenever a storm hits and you have to cancel plans – cat fights in the house because they have cabin fever too
– and then of course there is “depression”.
So what to do to boost your spirits in these waning days of winter?
- Turn OFF negative chatter on the news – it feeds into your “down feeling”.
- Turn ON great music and read, relax, dance – whatever the music moves you to do.
- Register for an online course or webinar that is educational, uplifting and inspiring.
- Start spring cleaning one drawer at a time.
- Call friends to catch up – one a day is a good dose.
- Create home cooked meals, sit around a table together and have great conversation.
- Start dreaming and planning your next getaway.
- Gather unwanted things – take to Goodwill and ponder how someone else will love having what you don’t need anymore.
- Do a favor for someone without telling them and imagine how good it makes them feel.
- When all else fails, write down 25 things you are grateful for. This works every time!
Be well during these last days of winter!