Why are we so resistant to exercise? The CDC says 80% of the US population doesn’t get the recommended amount of exercise for health. So which group are you in – the 80% or the 20%? Are these some of your excuses when it comes to exercise?
- I tried it before and I always stop after a few weeks
- I don’t feel better right away and in fact I hurt all over.
- I don’t see the benefits soon enough so why even start again
- I don’t have the time
- I’m too tired at the end of the day
- I’m too busy to fit it in
- I don’t need to exercise because I am on my feet all day
- I’ve gotten this far without exercising so why start now
- I’m too old to start exercising and I might hurt myself
- I have a health condition and can’t exercise
- I’m too lazy
Well guess what. I fall prey to many of those excuses as well, but at one point in my life I realized a huge benefit from regular exercise and I’ve never stopped since. Watch this video and find out what it was.
Yes exercise became my tool to MANAGE STRESS. Now that I use exercise as my stress management prescription, I’m much more motivated and have received huge benefits that continue to keep me coming back for more.
- I get to burn off all the pent up energy that can turn on my body and create pain
- Moving my body immediately changes my attitude from negative to positive
- I get to be around other great women who want to feel better which inspires me
- I feel better being with others
- I’ve gained many new close friends to share feelings and reduce the anxieties of life
- We get to laugh a lot because our instructor is so fun and pumps us up
- My endorphins also get pumped up and I “feel” what others call a “runner’s high”
- I forget about all the day’s irritations and just focus on my body’s movements.
- I get really creative when exercising and come up with cool new ideas for my work
- If I feel any depression at the beginning it all dissipates while I’m working out
- I feel a great sense of accomplishment at the end and feel relaxed and calm
- I sleep better
And oh yes – people ask me how I stay so fit and think I am younger than my age. Now that is the best self-esteem booster of all!
So what are you waiting for. Stop thinking of exercise as a chore, or torture or a waste of time. Start thinking of it as a way to reduce stress (who doesn’t experience this daily) and you don’t have to take any drugs either.
Still need some support to get up and going? I work with others who are stuck and need a good coach to inspire them into action. I can do that for you. Just contact me here.
Be well on your exercise journey!