Carol Ebert RN, BSN, MA, CHES, CWP
Certified Wellness Practitioner and Coach
Sanoviv Nutrition Advisor
Certified Health Education Specialist
Mindful Coach Certification Trainer
USANA Health Sciences Silver Director
Owner and Operator, Countryside Estate Training and Retreat Center
Owner Creative Properties of Winona, LLC off-campus housing for Winona State Students
Carol Ebert is an education specialist with a broad range of healthcare and corporate wellness experience. Much of her 30+ years as a professional have been spent in education and wellness, her true passion. She is a pioneer in the wellness movement and has had the challenge of integrating it into the current healthcare system – not an easy task. Many consider our present system to be the toughest area to implement wellness programs. Her persistent nature keeps the flame alive despite cutbacks, downsizing, mergers and the rapid changes occurring in business today.
Carol has the gift of creativity which allows her to develop award-winning programs as well as shift gears quickly to adapt to whatever change is coming. She enjoys the challenge of today’s unsettled workplace.
Master Teacher and Public Speaker
Carol is a master teacher, certified health education specialist, an expert in lifestyle management and an unstoppable creative force for organizational change. She is a sought after speaker for stress management, wellness, creativity, coaching and change management, and has taken her message to national audiences as well as those in England and Russia. Her love of travel has led her to develop continuing education course work for medical professionals on cruise ships. She is a high energy, action-oriented speaker with a contagious zest for life. Her message is relevant and compelling, her style personable, her approach – sincere. Humor, fun and audience interaction are on her agenda and her passion and enthusiasm for education and wellness is infectious.
Life Coach with a Focus on Wellness
With over 35 years of professional experience in healthcare, wellness and lifestyle improvement for businesses, schools and community organizations, Carol makes an excellent personal coach. She is a passionate promoter of people’s potential – a cheerleader when you need one – a great supporter of those ready to make a change in their lives. Her upbeat and positive outlook on life is very contagious and working with Carol is always fun. She inspires people to work “creatively” through life’s roadblocks to reach their highest goals and realize their dreams.
Over 35 years experience in wellness and prevention programming. 17 years nursing experience: clinical, military, school, college health, and private duty. Management experience as a director of a college health service and owner of small retirement community. Experienced platform speaker at regional and national conferences and for cruise lines. Adjunct instructor at Viterbo University teaching Creativity and Law of Attraction. Provider of continuing education for physicians and nurses. Expertise in stress management, wellness, nutrition, creativity, personal coaching, accelerated learning, medical self-care, change management, law of attraction, real estate investing.
2009 – Owner of Creative Properties of Winona LLC – Off-campus housing for Winona State students
2005 – Present: Independent Associate, Silver Director USANA Health Sciences #1 Nutritional Supplements
2003-2012: Wellness Coach for IBM Worldwide
2002 – Present: Adjunct Instructor Viterbo University, La Crosse WI teaching Creativity, Law of Attraction.
1998 – Present: Creating Wellness Cultures – training, coaching, consulting
1984-2002 Wellness Education Specialist, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse WI Developed and maintained projects that promoted healthy behavior. Assessed, coordinated, implemented and evaluated programs on time and under budget that met departmental goals and objectives for targeted areas. Areas included stress management, employee wellness including Healthy Investment Program (HIP); physical activities including Shoe Crew Walking Program, Kids Shoe Crew and annual Fall 15 Great River Walk. Other wellness and health promotion initiatives included Special Tuesdays community health education series, mid-life women’s health programs, and employee health fairs. Intern coordinator for UW La Crosse Health Education students.
1989-2000 Owner Countryside Estate, Sparta WI Owner and operator of a 15 bed state licensed community-based residential facility in Sparta Wisconsin. Applying extensive background in nursing and health education, facility met or exceeded health requirements for caring for the elderly. Provided necessary training for staff of twelve, keeping up-to-date with education requirements.
1977-1984 Health Service Director St. Mary’s University, Winona, Minnesota Managed student health service. Supervised physician, nurse practitioner and interns. Coordinated and presented health education programs for staff, students and community. Intern coordinator for UW La Crosse Health Education students.
Public School Teacher School District #6, Greeley, Colorado Provided health education instruction for middle school students
Part-time nurse at Student Health Center, University of Northern Colorado.
School Nurse School District #6, Greeley, Colorado Provided health services and health education for K-12 students.
Navy Nurse U.S. Naval Air Station, Memphis, Tennessee Provided nursing care to a variety of military patients and families, and supervised corpsmen.
Master of Arts – Health Education
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
Bachelor of Science – Nursing
University of Wisconsin – Madison, Madison, WI
Licenses, Certifications, Memberships
Licensed Registered Nurse – Wisconsin, Minnesota
Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
Certified Mindful Coach, Graduate of Mindful Coaching Certification Program
Instructor, Mindful Coaching Certification Program
Certification in Motivational Interviewing
Completion of Certified Coach Intensive, Coachville LLC
Graduate of Stress Management Institute, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse
Specialist in Fitness Program Implementation – Institute for Aerobic Research, Dallas, Texas
General Teacher Certificate, Colorado Department of Education
Graduate of Leadership Development Program, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center
National Wellness Institute, Member and Coordinator of Nursing Academy
Certified Law of Attraction Facilitator, November 2008
Certified Wellness Practitioner, National Wellness Institute, September 2009
Nurse Blogger 2017-present for www.allnurses.com
Wellness Blogger for HCPro: leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services in the vital areas of healthcare regulation and compliance
Wise Women Speak: Choosing Stepping Stones Along the Path (Author of chapter – Reinvent Yourself: Reflect, Review, Redo, RENEW), 2003
One New Skill – Ten Great Benefits, Nursing Matters, September 2003.
I’ve Fallen in a Rut and I Can’t Get Out: Life Coaches Can Help, Nursing Matters, October 2002.
Self-Learning System for CPR Mastery participant & instructor training manuals & videos, 1993
101 Creative Ways to Teach CPR – manual, 1993
The Johnsons: AIDS Documentary – video, 1993
Winning Walks – audio tapes for walking, 1992
Swing Into Shape – exercise videos, 1989
2009 Service and Leadership Circle Inductee – National Wellness Institute
2007 Teamwork Award – awarded to only ten people in the world, USANA Health Sciences
2007 Leadership Circle Inductee, Dr. Christiane Northrup’s Team Northrup, USANA Health Sciences
2007 Service and Leadership Award, National Wellness Institute
2005 YWCA Outstanding Woman in Health Education award, La Crosse, WI
2004 Pioneer of the Year award, National Association of Women Business Owners, La Crosse WI chapter
2000 Healthy People 2000 National Health Information Award – Shoe Crew Walking Program
1997 1st Place Award: International Health and Medical Film Institute – The Johnsons: AIDS Documentary
1992 Merit Award: Wisconsin Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Health – Shoe Crew
1990 Golden Apple Award: National Assoc. of Activity Professionals – Swing Into Shape exercise videos
Highlights of Presentations
- Mindful Coaching Certification Course, 2006, Meriter Hospital, Madison, WI , 2007, Nodine MN, 2011 Nodine, MN, Eau Claire WI, 2013
- Instructor for Advanced Nursing Academy for Wellness, National Wellness Conferences, 2005 – 2008 Stevens Point, WI.
- Coaching and Healthcare Preconference, National Wellness Conference, 2004. 2005, 2006, 2007, Stevens Point, WI.
- Cardiac Patience: Lighter Side of a Heavier Topic, 2007, 29th Annual Long Island Nursing Education Conference, Melville NY
- Dealing with Times of Change-A Wellness Issue, August 29, 2007, Lawrence University, Appleton, WI.
- Gundersen Lutheran Hospice Team Retreat, October 11, 2007, Countryside Estate Retreat Center
- Keys to Optimal Health, Westland Insurance Annual Meeting, December 6, 2007, Tomah, WI
- Wellness Coaching for Nurses, Aurora Healthcare, Feb 7-8, April 10-11, 2008, Milwaukee WI
- Wellness Certificate Training for Nurses, National Wellness Conference, July 12-13, 2008
- Law of Attraction for Teachers, Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee WI, December 7, 2008
- Law of Attraction, National Wellness Conference, July 2009
- How to Get a Great Job in Wellness, Webinar for National Wellness Institute, Feb, 2010
- Top 5 Reasons Why SUGAR RULES When You Can’t Lose Weight, Teleseminar, April, 2010
- Nurses on Fire for Wellness, National Wellness Conference, Stevens Point WI, July 17, 2013
- Money – A Wellness Issue, National Wellness Conference, Minneapolis MN, June 23, 2014
- Nurses as Emerging Wellness Leaders, National Wellness Conference, Minneapolis MN, June 24, 2014 How to be a Wellness Entrepreneur, National Wellness Conference, Minneapolis MN, June 15, 2015
- Living Low GI in a High GI World, National Wellness Conference, June 2016.
- Exhausted No More, National Wellness Conference, June 2017; Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, September 2017
- Attracting Positivity Into Your Life, LaCrosse WI Park and Rec Adult Enrichment Series, January 2018
- Do I Need Nutritional Supplements? LaCrosse WI Park and Rec Adult Enrichment Series, February 2018
- The Fire Within: What it is and Why it is Killing Us, LaCrosse WI Park and Rec Adult Enrichment Series, March 2018
- The Future of Health Care, LaCrosse WI Park and Rec Adult Enrichment Series, April 2018