If you are CREATIVE like me, clutter stays cluttered and causes muttering about the clutter and never gets resolved.
So what’s that all about? My perception is that cluttering results from being blessed – or cursed – with being a person who is VISUAL. You need to have everything in view so you can find it. OUT OF SIGHT AND OUT OF MIND is your motto. Can you relate? So how do you manage that?
Let’s apply this issue to a 12 Step Program of which I am very familiar and has helped me greatly in the past with issues out of my control.
- Admit you are powerless over clutter, its becoming a barrier to managing your life and business successfully and causes you a great deal of unnecessary stress.
- Believe that a force greater than you can bring clutter under control if you just turn it over to the clutter gods for support.
- Make a commitment to getting regular cluttering done by committing it to your calendar.
- Search within yourself to discover why cluttering is happening in the first place and address that
- Admit to yourself and others that just because it appears to be a problem, it is actually related to what kind of person you are and reflects the nature of a creative mind
- Be willing to admit to yourself and others that just because you have the gift of creativity doesn’t mean you can’t control the clutter in your life.
- Ask the clutter gods of the universe to support your efforts in managing the clutter in a positive way.
- Make a list of all the people (include yourself) and projects you have disappointed because of not being more organized and efficient due to excess clutter
- Share those truths with those affected and make amends
- Continue to monitor your clutter daily and course correct promptly to avoid it paralyzing you
- Set your intention daily using visualization on what it looks and feels like to live a clutter-free lifestyle
- Share the message and lessons learned with others challenged by this issue.
Now you don’t have to do all of these steps right away. This is a major lifestyle change and thrives on doing one step at a time and moving on when you start seeing and “feeling” results.
Need some coaching support around this issue? Contact me for a laser coaching session.
Begin living clutter free!